Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BEWARE THE WINDOW


Monday September 14th

It was a cold and quiet night on Kent street.
The midnight train had already rolled past my window-empty.
I had just turned off the lights. There was nothing but the glow of the moon in the top corner of the glass.
The early winter breeze was giving me shivers...
As was the solitary old man standing down below beside the track, looking up.
I reached my right arm up to close the window payne...
pressing too hard I felt the glass shatter and my wrist break right through!
What happened!? I look down. The glass had stabbed through the vein in my wrist.
The blood looks black as it pours onto the white bed sheets!
Blood is everywhere!! On the wall..on the bed..on the floor...
I reach for the light switch screaming for my roommate Bonnie to call 911!
"Scarfs! Get some scarfs from my closet to tie up my arm!"
I hold my arm in the sink under freezing water as Bonnie ties a vintage scarf around my wrist. She calls for an ex-boyfriend who races over to take me to the vacant hospital where I'll sit all night alone under fluorescent lights.

......TRUE STORY GUYS! IT WAS ACTUALLY TRAUMATIZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment